Silver Linings Playbook Diner Back Open

Source: https://www.movieloci.com/blog/94-Historical-Philadelphia-Comes-to-Life-in-Silver-Linings-Playbook


Back in August 2017, I moved to Upper Darby, PA right off of Route 3 but close to Route 1. During my travels to the U-Haul facility throughout the summer (at that exact intersection) I saw that there was some-kind-of diner right nearby; but it was closed.

My friend Genevieve who moved here months prior spoke about the Silver Linings Playbook diner and then my mom mentioned something about a famous diner near my new house; it had to be the Llanerch.


So I figured out it was indeed the Llanerch diner but was closed because of a kitchen fire. The diner did not re-open until January 3rd, 2018. Although it has been over a month and I have been there several times, I did not sit down and eat in this establishment until this week.

You can read about the opening here.

It was morning so I went with the "Bagel All The Way" -  Lox and cream cheese as the base and all the fixings to make it a monster morning sandwich. I was going to sit at the counter as I usually do at the Mayfair Diner but decided to take a booth. It was not "the" booth but my Irish Dance partner, Lynne, had the glory of sitting there a day or two prior.


It is great to have such a quintessential dining establishment that was part of cinema history only a few minutes from your house. I am glad it is back in operation.


During the filming of the movie, I was frequenting Jenkintown, PA (close to my previous residence) and hoped that Bradley Cooper would somehow join me for a beer at Outback Jenkintown (where my daughters worked). While there were sightings of the two protagonists of the Silver Linings Playbook at places along Old York Road (Route 611), they did not show up at 610 611 (lol..610 Old York Road is the Outback address).





Comments