Bernie's Pretzel Bakery Now Available on UberEats


This past Monday, January 29, 2018 (my daughter's 25th birthday), Bernie's Pretzel Bakery located in the Penn Pines Shopping Center, launched their delivery service via UberEats. I happened to be the lucky driver to facilitate their first delivery!

While I have passed the Penn Pines Shopping Center, located at 500 E Providence Road in Aldan, PA, in my travels, I was not aware of this pretzel operation. When I received the delivery request I instantly became hungry for a soft pretzel. My first thought was that this was a boutique bakery with overpriced dough-and-salt creations. 

To my pleasant surprise, after scanning the prominent menu board, the price to get my pretzel fix was going to be easy peasy with the few dollar bills I had in my pocket. Bernie's prices were actually very comparable to other pretzel stores.


Bernie's First UberEats Delivery
I went with a bag of pretzel nuggets and a cheese cup so I could easily dip and eat some goodness while delivering a bevy of selections to their first UberEats customer. Their nuggets were awesome! Most of them were longer than the usual pretzel bites I have been accustomed. I think I found a few shorter ones but they were much thicker; I was definitely feeling pretzel love.


The Bevy of Pretzel Goodness at Delaware County Magazine








So who was their first UberEats customer? None other than Delaware County Magazine - another place I have passed in my travels but never had a reason to visit. It was great to enter the offices and operations of a publication that I now receive and peruse. 


I returned to the scene of the crime today (Bernie's) as I was passing by the shopping center. This time I indulged not only in a bag of nuggets but also their regular soft pretzels - I knew I had to try the normal twisted formation before I posted an article.

Their "standard order" pretzels are great! A different but yet comforting taste for a palette involved in a lifelong enjoyment of "Philly" soft pretzels. I wasn't sure if it was the water, recipe, TLC, or what. I then began to think how other stores' pretzels all taste the same no matter of their location or water supply.

Anyhow, to reinforce my newly found pretzel haven, my girlfriend made unsolicited comments on the leftovers I brought home stating that they were much better than the "other ones" I have shared in the past. She said they had a taste that brought her back to her school days (in Philly).

I am glad I found this, almost isolated, source of pretzel enjoyment and happy it is now available on UberEats. I am proud to have been their first delivery driver and hope that others take advantage of this new avenue for pretzel pleasure.


Comments